Sunday 17 March 2013

Thursday class

Hello,

This is the block we did on Thursday I am late posting it as I had not finished it, it is foundation piecing and is called whirling logs.


It was good fun to do with the group not sure if I would do it again, I have a photo of the foundation pattern just in case anyone would like to try it.


If you number the the four section from the centre square:: 1234 and then follow it round and number in order that's the position of the fabric, I will add a photo to explain properly


If you want any more information on this block e-mail me and i will give you more details.
Think it would look good with just two types of fabrics, dark and light and more of a contrast I used scrap fabric as I didn't want to create another UFO.
Have a great week and care on sewing.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Maybe this is not your style but I think you have made a fab block. That striped fabric adds a lot of pizzaz.
    Thanks for the photos of the pattern and in which way this block should be stitched. It could be great in just two colours.
    Carry on stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think your right about this block I have the foundation for the smaller block I will make it again in two colours as it will be interesting to see if we like it any better.

    ReplyDelete


I love your comments, really it's what makes blogging so much fun and keeps me going!
Please e-mail me directly if you have a specific question.